Friday, September 18, 2009

Stunning Setting and Beautiful Display Gardens: Welcome to Dancing Oaks Nursery

By Hortiholicus happii

If you've never visited Dancing Oaks Nursery in Monmouth, OR you are really missing out. This truly unique nursery is about an hour and fifteen minutes from Portland and well worth the drive because it will transform the way you look at your yard. I had the unique pleasure of going on a tour of their display gardens yesterday after asking the owners what plants they’d recommend for dry shade. They introduced me to plants I'd never known about and varieties that are unique and extremely hardy for our area. All plants are 20% off during Le Tour des Plants, and with purchase of $50 or more you get a free plant. One customer I met while there selected the Hosta 'Sagae' as her free plant...and once I saw the dramatic color tones I picked one up myself. This weekend Dancing Oaks is offering a great class on Saturday at 11am is "working with color in the garden". Hope you all get a chance to visit this wonderful nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment